Wrap Text In Google Spreadsheet Using the Format MenuIn this tutorial, you’ll learn how to text wrapin Google Sheets. Below I have names of some of my favorite fictional characters and their address: Note that since the address is longer than the width of the cell, it overflow and extends out of the cell. You may want to keep it within the cell if you have more text in adjacent cells (or simply for aesthetic purposes). Here is how to get this done:
- Select all the cells for which you want to wrap text.
- Go to Format –> Text Wrapping –> Wrap.
Wrap Text in Google Sheets using the ToolbarAnother option for wrappingtext in Google Sheets is to use thetoolbar instead. To do this:
- Highlight the cells you want the text to wrap in
- Click on the Text wrapping icon in the toolbar (just below the menu)
- Click on the Wrap icon (the reversing arrow)
How To Align Content After Text Wrapping in Google SheetsOnce you have your text wrapped in Google Sheets, it still may not look the way you want it to. To remedy this, you can navigate to Format>Alignment. In this part of the Google Sheets menu, you can adjust both the horizontal and vertical alignment to get the text to look the way you wish.
How to Wrap Text in Google Sheets Mobile AppGoogle Sheets word wrap works just as well on mobile devices. You just have to follow these steps to learn how to make text stay in a cell on your mobile device.
- Tap on the cell you want to format. You can select entire rows or columns by tapping on their letter or number. You can also modify for the whole sheet by tappingthe gray square in the far left corner.
- Press the formatting button marked with an A
- Click the Cell tab
- Scroll down until you see Wrap text
- Press the button
The Bottom LineNow that you know how to wrap text in Google Sheets, it should be easy to make your spreadsheets look much better. We have plenty of other simple tutorial to upgrade your skills. Check some of them out below. You May Also Like the Following Google Sheets Tutorials:
- How to Quickly Split Text in Google Sheets.
- How to Rotate Text in Google Sheets.
- How to Remove Duplicates in Google Sheets.
- How to Count the Number of Words in Google Sheets.
- How to Create a Drop Down List in Google Sheets.
- How to Protect a Range of Cells in Google Sheets.
- Capitalize First Letters in Google Sheets (using Formula)
- How to Strikethrough in Google Sheets