Notion is fast becoming one of the premier apps for productivity. One of our favorite ways to keep track of your life using this software is a Notion habit tracker.
Notion is very intuitive and you can likely create your own with a little guidance. This article will cover how to make one step by step. But we’ve also included some ready-to-go notion habit tracker templates, so you can hot the ground running with your new healthy habits.
Scroll on to learn everything you need to know about Notion habit trackers.
Learn More About Notion
Although Notion is a very sleek and easy-to-use tool, it helps to get a headstart in becoming a power user. It may be a good idea to take a Notion course from Udemy to learn as much as you can as quickly as possible.
Why Should You Use a Notion Habit Tracker?
Habit tracking is a fantastic way to achieve your goals and create a habit of doing a task. When you start habit tracking, you hold yourself accountable for completing something. This can be simple, like watering a plant, or something significant, like quitting smoking.
Habit trackers are formatted similarly to calendars where you can see your daily progress. When you see your progress in the tracker, you’re more likely to stay motivated and keep going.
Habit trackers also help you set a goal to work towards gradually. For example, if your ideal goal is to walk for at least 30 minutes daily. Using a habit tracker, you can select the goal to increase progressively. For example, for the first few days, you can set a goal of walking for 10 minutes, then 20, and so on.
Notion is a great organization tool that you can use for several purposes, such as creating a notion habit tracker template. We suggest using a notion habit tracker for several reasons. These are:
- Flexibility: Notion is a highly customizable tool meaning that you can create a habit tracker template that suits your needs. To check your progress, you can create a custom layout, add pictures, change colors, and create different view styles.
- Integration: You can integrate your Notion with other tools and services like calendars, note apps, and to-do lists which can help make habit tracking much more efficient.
- Collaboration: creating a habit can be much more fun in a group. You can use Notion’s collaborative features to share your habit-tracking information with others.
- Visualization: Notion features a clean, easy-to-use interface for easy data visualization. This will lay out your goals clearly and in an easy-to-follow format.
Journaling can help enhance your mood even if done for only a few minutes daily. Keeping a journal can be very rewarding, and the best part is that you can create one on your phone. Here are the top 8 best journal apps for iPhone, iOS, Android, and Windows in 2023.
How to Make a Notion Habit Tracker
Creating a notion habit tracker template in notion can be very easy if you know exactly what to do. Let’s take a look at how you can create a notion habit tracker:
- Log into your Notion account and click the Plus (+) icon in the Private heading to create a new page.
- Add a name for the heading towards the top and click the Empty page button.
- In the empty page, hover your cursor over the space, which will show the controls for that specific page section. Here, click on the Plus (+) icon towards the left part.
- We wish to create a weekly habit tracker template in this example. The first thing to do here is to add the weekday heading. Scroll down and click on Heading 2. Then, write the details for the week in the heading. Press the Enter button to move on to the following line.
- To save space, we want to add columns containing the days and the habits in a list format for each day. To turn the section into columns, hover your cursor on the first line for the section and click on the six dots icon to open the formatting menu.
- Here, click on the Turn into option and then scroll down to the bottom. We chose the 3 columns option here.
- We can add the checkboxes after adding the names for the first three days. To do this, hover your cursor over the first line in the section and click on the Plus (+) icon. Here, choose the To-Do list option and add the name for the habit. You can copy and paste the checkboxes in the same column and change the names.
In this day and age, productivity is something that a lot of people struggle with. So much so that an entire industry exists around helping others improve it. Self-help books are one way people use to improve their productivity. Here are the top 14 best productivity books you must read.
Notion Habit Tracker Templates
It’s often easier to just download a template than mess around creating one yourself. Check out our templates below and pick on that suits you.
Weekly Habit Tracker
This first template is created for people who don’t want to spend much time organizing and marking their progress. This template, similar to the others in this article, features a button that allows you to add a week. When the button is pressed, a week starting Monday and ending Sunday will be added under a collapsible heading.
Clicking the arrow beside the heading will expand or collapse the days for that specific week. When you press the Add New Week button, the template for a week will be added. Click the text in the heading, change the week number, and add the date for the start of the week. You can keep adding weeks by pressing the button. New weeks will always be added right under the button and at the top of the other weeks meaning that the current week will always be shown near the top.
Monthly Habit Tracker
This notion habit tracker 2023 template features the entire month, which makes it easier to visualize your progress for the entire month. You can use emojis to mark the habits. The table doesn’t include checkmarks, as some people may wish to add data instead of just marking the checkboxes.
One example is tracking how many glasses of water you drink daily. You can add the number of glasses you drink daily in the cell corresponding to the habit name and the date. Another example is using this template as a mood tracker. You can assign emojis for the moods and add them to the cells.
The process of using the notion monthly habit tracker template is similar to the previous template. Click on the Add A Month button to add the heading for a month. Here, add the month’s name and year and reduce the number of days to better reflect the number of days in the month. Don’t forget to change the names of the heading in the row header. You can also add or remove the key in the main description of the template to show which emojis you are using to show the various elements in the template.
Streaks Habit Tracker
This habit tracker notion template is better suited for people who wish to track their habits in a streak-like format. The days for each habit are listed in a column that you can mark every day. This template can be a great motivational tool once you have a streak of a few days, as you wouldn’t want to miss another day.
You can add the year toward the top of the template. Make sure you add the name of the habit in the row header. Every seventh day in the habit tracker template is highlighted in red to help you visualize your progress for that specific week. The column format makes it very easy to use the template on mobile.
Life can sometimes feel like a balancing act, and juggling responsibilities with your hobbies can seem hard. Understanding the significant aspects of life will give you the willpower to keep going. Here are 6 aspects of life you need for a meaningful life.
Calendar Habit Tracker
This notion habit tracker template free uses calendars for every month. You can expand the months by clicking on the arrow symbol towards the left side of the heading for the specific month. This will show the calendar for that specific month under the heading. You can use emojis, text or numbers to track your habits here.
Let’s say you wish to track three habits: watering your plants, walking the dog, and exercising. You can add three different emojis for each activity and add them under the date cell. Afterward, you can gauge your progress by simply looking at the calendar.
If a specific date has all three emojis, then that means you did everything that day. You can also track habits that require numbers. One such example is the number of times you drink water per day. You can add numbers in the empty cells to show the number of glasses you drank that day.
As the world moves to remote work, a lot of people struggle to balance their work and home lives. Here are the 10 best time management apps to boost your productivity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There a Habit Tracker in Notion?
Notion does have a habit tracker template that allows you to track your daily routines and habits. To use the built-in habit tracker, create a new page and search for “Habit Tracker” in the search bar. You can also customize the habit tracker template to your specific needs. Or you can download one of ours from this article.
How Do I Add a Habit Tracker to My Notion Page?
To add a habit tracker to your notion page, navigate to the page where you wish to add the habit teacher template. Search for it in the search bar and press the Enter key. With the template created, click the “Add a Habit” button. You can add up to twelve habits per block.
With all the above info, you should now be able to hit your habit goals with a notion habit tracker. Please let us know in the comments which one you chose and why. If you found this article helpful, you may also like our related content below. Alternatively, AppSumo has some awesome add-ons for Notion that make it even more powerful. They are often on crazy specials too. You can check out the Notion add-ons from AppSumo here.
- A Comprehensive Beginners Guide to Notion
- A Students Guide to Using Notion to Improve Your Study
- Notion Vs. Evernote: Which Should You Use?
- Free Downloadable Notion Shortcuts Cheat Sheet
- How to Make a Gannt Chart in Notion
- Coda vs. Notion: Head to Head Comparison
- How to Create a Notion Calendar [Complete Guide]
- Notion Dark Mode [Guide]
Chris is a spreadsheet expert and content writer for Productivity Spot and Spreadsheet Point. He has a double Bachelor's Degree in Teaching and has been working in the education industry for over 11 years. His experience makes him adept at breaking down complex topics so that everyone is able to understand.