The iPhone has amazing video capabilities, not only in terms of quality but also functionality. Given its relatively hefty price tag, this is something that you should come to expect. For instance, it has built-in features that let you speed up or slow down videos if you want to.
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to speed up a video on iPhone, so you can watch your videos at your own pace. With just a few taps, you’ll be able to adjust the playback speed of your videos, making them faster or slower, depending on your preference.
Let’s get started!
This Article Covers:
How to Speed Up a Video on iPhone
There are two ways you can speed up a video on iPhone: (1) via the Photos app and (2) using the iMovie app. Both methods allow you to adjust the playback speed of your videos, but the iMovie app also provides more advanced editing options for your video. These guides work best with an iPhone running the current iOS update, like the one below:
How to Speed Up a Slow-Mo Video on iPhone Using Photos App
Newer versions of the iPhone can capture videos in slow-mo. Even better, you don’t have to install other apps to convert them to normal speed. All you have to do is edit the video using the pre-installed Photos app.
To speed up a slow-mo video on iPhone using the Photos app, simply follow the steps below:
1. Open the Photos app and select the Albums tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. On the Albums page, scroll down to the Media Types section and tap Slo-mo.
3. Open the slow-mo video you want to speed up. Then, tap on the Edit button in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Upon tapping, you’ll see two types of vertical lines at the bottom of the edit page that indicate which parts of the video are in slow-mo and which are at normal speed.
5. The slower section should have short bars spaced farther apart and two longer on either side. To increase the speed of the video, tap and hold the long bar on the left side and drag it all the way to the right, where the lines end.
6. As you can see, all vertical lines are now the same, which means that the video is now at a regular speed. Once you’ve set the desired speed, tap on Done.
7. If you want to save the changes, tap on Save as New Video. If you want to revert the changes, tap on Revert.
Keep in mind that changing the speed of a slow-mo video will also change the way the slow-motion effect looks. In case you want to keep the effect but just make the video play faster or slower, you can use the iMovie app to achieve this.
How to Make a Video Faster on iPhone Using iMovie
iMovie is a video editing app available on the App Store, which allows you to create and edit movies on your iPhone. You can use it to stabilize images, correct colors, or add some video effects, even if you don’t have video editing experience.
Here’s how to fast-forward videos on iPhone using iMovie:
1. Open the iMovie app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Movie section. You will find this at the bottom of the screen.
3. Sometimes, the movie option is not visible. In that case, tap on the Start New Project option, and then tap Movie.
6. Select the slow-mo video you want to speed up from your camera roll and tap on Create Movie.
8. Tap on the video clip in the timeline to reveal the adjustment handles. Next, tap on the Speed icon to access the yellow slider.
9. You can use this slider to speed up the video up to two times by dragging it all the way to the right.
10. If you want to edit different parts of the video, move the ends of the yellow bars on the timeline.
12. Once you’ve set the desired speed, tap on Done.
13. Tap on the Share button located at the bottom of the screen.
14. Scroll down a little and tap on Save Video to export the video into your camera roll folder.
15. Finally, click OK on the pop-up that says, “The movie was exported to your Photo Library.”
How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone
You can also use the iMovie app to slow down a video on an iPhone. The steps are almost the same as the steps mentioned above.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Open the iMovie app on your iPhone and tap Movie.
2. Tap the video clip you want to slow down in the Media Library. Next, tap on Create Movie.
3. Tap the clip in the timeline to bring up the editing tools.
4. Next, tap the Speed icon and drag the slider to the left to slow the video down.
5. Once you’ve set the desired speed, tap on Done.
6. After that, tap on the Share button located at the bottom of the screen.
14. Tap on Save Video to export the video into your camera roll folder.
Knowing how to change the speed of video on iPhone is more useful than you might think. It allows you to meet the length limits when uploading videos to Google Drive or sending long videos using iMessage.
Plus, amazing videos that are slowed down or sped up are cool to watch on TV using screen mirroring.
Now that you know how to speed up a video on iPhone, how to speed up a slow-mo video, and how to slow down a video, all that’s left for you to do is enjoy your clips and your phone in whichever way you want to.
Just make sure that you are using it responsibly and do not allow it to distract you while you are driving or working.
- How to Send Long Videos on an iPhone [Easy Guide]
- How to Move Search Bar to Top on Safari [iPhone]
- How to Sign out of Mail on iPhone in 4 Simple Steps
- How to Sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone [3 Easy Methods]
- How to Transfer Data From Android to iPhone
- How to Record a Phone Call on an iPhone: 4 Methods with Step-by-Step Guides