As productivity tools become more technologically advanced, there seems to be one problem that continues to remain: the lack of cross-compatibility.
This problem makes it hard to share your data and also to link them across your devices which can be pretty inconvenient at times. Most calendars like Google Calendar allow calendar syncing to let you link across multiple devices to always have your schedule.
Luckily, there are now ways to sync calendars together to lessen these issues. For example, it is possible to sync Outlook calendars with iPhone devices. Syncing Outlook calendar with iPhone iis possible using several different apps. They allow you to share your Outlook calendar across devices.
In this guide, we’ll talk about the different methods you can use to sync your Outlook calendar with your iPhone. We’ll even discuss how you can make your Outlook Calendar sync with iPhone. Let’s get to it!
What is Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook is an app that comes with Microsoft Office. It allows you to manage emails, contacts, and calendars all in one place. It even allows you to share your files from the cloud to ensure that all recipients have the newest versions.
There’s no doubt that Outlook can help increase productivity by consolidating most of your productivity needs into one app. The best part is that you can use Outlook on your Windows or Mac computer through the dedicated apps. You can also use the Outlook apps on your iPhone, though there is also an app for Android.
Let’s talk about how to link Outlook calendar to iPhone.
How to Make Syncing iPhone and Outlook Calendars Easy
iPhones that are up to date with the latest iOS are always easiest to sync any data with. You may want to consider upgrading your iPhone to make the process more simple.
Check Price on Amazon
Option 1: How to Make Outlook Calendar Sync with iPhone via iTunes
This method is perfect for you if you use iTunes as your go-to iPhone management tool. Here’s how to add your Outlook calendar to your iPhone with iTunes:
- Grab your data connection cable (such as your lightning to USB cable) and connect it to your phone. Plug the other end into your computer and wait for iTunes to open. Alternatively, if iTunes doesn’t automatically open, you can launch it manually.
- Click your device’s icon and then open its Info tab.
- Look for the option to Sync Calendars with.
- Select All Calendars or check Selected Calendars and choose Outlook.
- Click on Apply, and this will sync your Outlook calendar to iPhone.
As you connect Outlook calendar to iPhone using this method, you may notice you have the option to sync only your recent/future events. Use this option if you don’t feel like you need to sync all the past events in your calendar.
Note: If you’re having problems using this method, check to make sure iCloud is disabled as syncing via iTunes won’t work otherwise. To disable iCloud for your calendar, get your phone. Navigate to your iPhone settings > your name/username > and then tap on iCloud. From there, disable iCloud for your phone’s Calendar app. Once this is done, you may attempt to sync through iTunes again.
Related: How to Drop a Pin on iPhone
Option 2: Sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone Using iPhone Mail App
You can also add an Outlook calendar to your iPhone using your iPhone’s mail app. Here’s how:
- On your phone, go to your iPhone Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account, then select Outlook.com.
- Enter your login details to your Outlook account and save.
- When the prompt pops up asking you for permission to sync your data, allow it.
- Now, go back to the list of accounts on Passwords & Accounts. Tap on your Outlook account.
- Select which information you’d like to be synced with your Outlook account. Make sure you enable Calendars.
If your phone asks you if you’d like to keep any existing events already on your iPhone’s calendar, consider carefully because you might get duplicate events!
Option 3: Sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone Using iCloud
If you have an iPhone and/or a Mac, chances are you also have iCloud, which is Apple’s cloud storage service (like Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox). iCloud works well for syncing data such as your calendars, files, and contacts through your different devices because it stores all your data in the cloud. Chances are you already have iCloud set up, but if you don’t, it’s easy to get started. This Apple iCloud user guide can help.
This is a quick guide on how to link your Outlook calendar to your iPhone using iCloud if you are on a Windows computer.
- Set up iCloud on your Windows computer by downloading and then installing it.
- Open iCloud. Log in using the same Apple ID and password you use on your Mac/iPhone/iCloud.
- In the next screen, select what you’d like to sync. You’ll have the option to tick which boxes you’d like, so make sure you have “Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks” ticked.
- Click on Apply, and you’re good to go!
Once you’ve got this set up, there isn’t much else you need to do. Now, when you add new events to your Outlook calendar, it appears on your iCloud calendars on your iDevices (and vice versa).
How to View Your Outlook Calendar Through the Client App for iPhone.
If you want to add Outlook calendar to iPhone, Microsoft provides a client app that you can also use for mobile phones. You can download the client app on the Microsoft website or on app store.
Here’s how to get Outlook calendar on an iPhone if you want to view your Outlook calendar on your iPhone:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook app
- Sign in with your Outlook email and password.
- If it’s your first time, you might have to Allow Access first.
- View your calendar on the home page.
With these few steps, you’ll be able to sync Outlook with iCal and backup your Outlook calendar events to your iPhone.
Related: How to Sign out of Mail on iPhone in 4 Simple Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Outlook calendar not sync with iPhone?
- If you are using iTunes to sync your Outlook calendar with your phone, ensure that iCloud is disabled for your calendar on your iPhone settings.
- You can also try to resync your Outlook account.
- If you are still running into problems, this Microsoft troubleshooting page might help.
How do I get my Outlook calendar to sync with my phone?
There are three methods to add Office 365 calendar to your iPhone. Check out our detailed guide above and find the option that works best for you.
How do I sync my Outlook to my iPhone?
To sync Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone, you can use iTunes, iCloud, or the iPhone Mail app.
How do I link my iPhone calendar to my calendar?
To sync your iPhone’s calendar to your Outlook account as a backup, you can try using apps like TouchCopy that will allow you to copy your data as needed.
How do I sync my Outlook calendar to my iPhone without using iTunes?
You don’t have to use iTunes to sync your calendar. You can use iCloud or the iPhone mail app instead! Both methods are detailed in our guide above.
With this guide on how to make Outlook calendar sync with iPhone devices, it should become much easier to get everything set up how you need it. Now that you know the how to sync Outlook calendar with iPhone, we hope that you can streamline and improve your productivity process! You can also check out calendar templates for Google sheets.
- How to Set Out of Office in Outlook Desktop and 365
- How to Encrypt Email in Outlook
- How to Create a Distribution List in Outlook in 5 Steps
- How to Add a Signature in Outlook
- How to Recall an Email in Outlook + 2 Other Easy Solutions
- How to Print From iPhone With + Without Airprint [Easy]
- Top 8 Best Journal Apps for iPhone, iOS, Android, and Windows
Chriselle has been a passionate writer for over 10 years, working with many publications worldwide. She currently writes for Productivity Spot, The Grad Cafe, and Hackr.io, among others.