Screen mirroring is perfect for showing people memes, important work files, streaming media, or sending long videos. This guide will show you how to mirror iPhone to TV in three different ways. Read on to learn more.
This Article Covers:
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to TV With Airplay
With Apple’s wireless AirPlay technology, you can mirror iPhone to tv in the simplest way possible. This allows you to beam audio and video from approved applications or stream the full content of the screen to a TV.
AirPlay is now compatible with:
- Most current Roku devices
- Some LG 2018 TVs and later
- Some Samsung 2018 TVs and later
- Some Sony TVs
- SmartCast Vizio TV sets
- Fire TV 2020 Edition Television sets from Insignia and Toshiba.
Previously, AirPlay required an Apple Streaming tv device.
Here are the steps for screen mirroring your iPhone to the TV with AirPlay:
- Ensure your iOS and TV devices are connected to the same WiFi network . You must ensure that you set up the TV software.
- Open the Control Centre on your device. If your device has an iPad version iOS 12 or above or an iPhone X or above, you have to swipe downwards from the top right corner of your screen. Otherwise, you will have to swipe upward for other iOS versions.
- Click on the Screen Mirroring icon, which looks like two overlapped boxes.
- Choose the TV you wish to connect from the list of devices.
- Labeling each AirPlay device if you own more than one at your home is a good idea.
- Enter your 4 digits code that will appear on the TV screen from your iOS device. The TV that supports AirPlay will start the screen mirroring iPhone.
To stop screen mirroring iPhone to smart tv, ensure that both your devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Set up the TV software with the TV that supports AirPlay. Open the Control Centre on your device and select the Stop Mirroring option.
Related Reading: How to Record a Phone Call on iPhone
How to Screen Mirror on iPhone Using HDMI Cable
For screen mirroring, an HDMI adaptor is less practical than AirPlay. However, it’s still a simpler method of iPhone screen mirroring, especially if WiFi is unstable or not accessible.
You can use Apple’s Lightning Digital AV adapter for an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch if it has a Lightning port. This device costs around $40. There are also less expensive third-party devices available, but remember that these won’t work with Netflix or other streaming video programs that employ copy protection.
Since you’ll need to provide your personal cable, if you wish to sit comfortably away from the TV, you should buy an HDMI cable at least 4 meters in length.
Here is how to cast from iPhone to tv using HDMI cable:
- Plug in the HDMI cable to your TV and the adaptor on both ends.
- Plug the cable into the iOS device.
- Set your TV to HDMI input.
- If you wish your iOS device to last longer and from draining the battery fast, plug in a charger to the additional Lightning port of the adaptor.
Many applications will start mirroring your iOS device screen to your television. However, some video applications, like Netflix or Amazon Prime, might give you continuous control of the playback while your chosen video is being played on your TV.
Related Reading: Mark Text as Unread on an iPhone
How to Connect iPhone to TV Wirelessly Without WiFi
You must also have Apple TV Software version 7.0 or above if you own an Apple TV, known as the Third Generation Rev. A 2012.
If you own the required devices, Peer-to-Peer screen share from iPhone to TV through AirPlay is an easy process.
Peer-to-peer Airplay may not function while any devices are linked to a network and only operates when WiFi is not there. To reconnect to any WiFi network, you must first disconnect your Apple TV and iOS device from it.
Here is how to mirror iPhone to smart tv without using a WiFi network:
- Peer-to-Peer AirPlay is a completely wireless system, so you must connect the device and TV to Bluetooth. On your iOS device, connect to your WiFi network. (You do not need to be connected to your WiFi network to use Peer-to-Peer AirPlay. However, it must be turned on.)
- The AirPlay Controls will appear in the Control Center as Screen Mirroring. If the Airplay Controls do not show up, try restarting your iOS device.
- Click on the Screen Mirroring option on Control Center from your iOS device.
- Find and click on Apple TV in the list of available devices.
- Here, you will be asked for a password for the connection on your Television screen. Enter your password, and the feature will be activated.
Apps to Mirror iPhone to TV
While there are plenty of apps out there that mirror iPhone to TV, you likely won’t need them with any of the above methods. However, it can sometimes be better to use the Google Home app to mirror an iPhone to a Google Chromecast device.You don’t need to transfer your data to an Android to fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Wirelessly Connect My iPhone to My Smart TV?
Peer-to-Peer AirPlay is a completely wireless system. You just need to connect your iOS device and your smart TV to Bluetooth for a smart tv screen mirroring your iPhone.
On your iOS device, connect to your WiFi network. The AirPlay Controls will show up in the Control Center as Screen Mirroring. Click on the Screen Mirroring option on Control Center from your iOS device. Find and click on Apple TV from the list of devices that show up. Enter the password for connection on your smart TV.
How Can I Mirror My iPhone to My TV Without Apple TV?
You can use an HDMI cable for mirroring your iPhone to your TV without Apple TV. Simply plug the HDMI cable into your TV and adaptor on both ends. Plug the cable into your iOS device and set your TV with the right input. If you want your iOS device to last longer, plug in a charger to the additional Lightning port of the adaptor.
Can Airplay Work on Any TV?
A suitable Roku TV, an Apple TV broadcaster, a 2019 model or later, smart TV from LG, Samsung, Sony, or Vizio is required for the TV side. Related: How to Sell on Amazon Without Inventory
The most recent Fire Fire TV models from Amazon are also supported by AirPlay. But not all TVs are supported. You may need to buy a separate Apple TV box or stick for non-compatible TVs
How Do I Screen Mirror My iPhone to a Samsung TV?
Screen mirroring from an iPhone to a Samsung TV directly will only work with some models of Samsung televisions manufactured after 2018. You have to open your swipeable control panel while both devices are connected to the same wifi network, select the screen mirroring option, then select the Samsung TV from the available devices. You may need to purchase a separate Apple TV box if this doesn’t work.
How Do I Screen Mirror My iPhone to a Roku TV?
If you have a compatible Roku device, you can screen mirror to the TV by navigating to your iPhone’s control panel and selecting the screen mirror option. Then, you can select the Roku TV from the list of devices. Just make sure both devices are connected to the same wifi network first.
So, now you know how to mirror iPhone to TV in three ways. Unfortunately, you may not be able to mirror directly to an older TV but you can go the HDMI route or buy an Apple TV device to overcome this problem.