Just like most of the spreadsheet tools, Google Sheets has gridlines around the cells in it.
These grid lines make it easy for you to clearly see the data and read it.
But sometimes you may not want the gridlines.
Maybe you only want the gridlines in the data that you’re working on and you want to hide the gridlines everywhere else.
In this quick tutorial, we will show you how to easily remove gridlines in Google Sheets, and how to show / hide gridlines in Google Sheets.
Hide Gridlines in Google Sheets
In this tutorial, I would show you how to hide the gridlines in Google sheets when you are working with the worksheet in the tools as well as when you want to print the data.
So let’s get started!
Hide Gridlines in the Worksheet in Google Sheets
Below are the steps to hide the gridlines in Google sheets worksheet:
- Select the worksheet in which you want to hide the gridlines
- Click the View button in the menu
- In the drop-down that opens, click the Gridlines options. This will uncheck the Gridlines options
The above steps will remove the gridlines from the entire worksheet.
Gridlines option in Google Sheets works as a toggle. If you follow the above steps and click on the Gridline option again, it will bring back the gridlines in the worksheet.
In case you only want to show gridlines to a specific area in the worksheet and remove it from everywhere else, follow the above steps to remove the gridlines from the entire worksheet and then select and apply the border to the cells/range where you want the gridlines.
Hide Gridlines in Google Sheets when Printed
When you remove the gridlines from the worksheet (using the above steps), these would not be printed.
However, if you want to keep the gridlines in the worksheet but not have these printed, you can do that too. Google Sheets has a setting that you can change when you’re printing the worksheet.
Below are the steps to do this:
- Select the range that you want to print (you can also select the entire worksheet in case you want to print the entire used range).
- Click the File button in the menu
- Click the Print option (you can also use the keyboard shortcut – Control + P)
- In the Print Settings page, click on the Formatting option (in the right-pane)
- Uncheck the Show Gridlines option.
The above steps ensure that although you have gridlines in the worksheet, these are not printed.
So this is how you can easily get rid of gridlines in Google Sheets. Just like that, you are now an expert on how to get rid of lines in Google Sheets.
Hope you found this tutorial useful!
You May Also Like the Following Google Sheets Tutorials:
- Protect a Range of Cells in Google Sheets
- Insert Checkbox in Google Sheets
- Sparkline in Google Sheets
- How to Unhide Rows in Google Sheets
- How to Set Print Area in Google Sheets
Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel Expert.