Whether you’re planning to give a presentation or run a workshop, sharing a screen during a Zoom meeting is something you should familiarize yourself with. Luckily, learning how to share screen on Zoom before and during meetings is a piece of cake. Read on to learn how to do it on the desktop and mobile versions of Zoom.
How to Share Your Screen on Zoom on Desktop
The desktop version of Zoom is one of the best remote work tools available. That’s partially thanks to its powerful screen sharing. There are multiple ways to share your screen on Zoom. You can either share the screen on Zoom before the meeting starts or start during the meeting. Let’s look at both.
Before the Meeting Starts
Here are the steps you need to follow to share your screen instantly when you join a meeting:
- Open Zoom on your computer or laptop.
- Log in to your Zoom account.
- You will see a few options on the main page. You can host a New Meeting, Schedule a meeting, or Share Screen.
- Select the Share Screen option.
- At this point, you will be asked to type in your Meeting ID or Sharing Key.
- Type one of the above options.
- Click on Share Screen.
- You will start sharing your screen immediately with the other meeting members.
How to Share Screen on Zoom During a meeting
Here’s how to screen share on Zoom during a meeting:
- Open Zoom on your computer.
- Log in to your Zoom account.
- On the main page, you can either choose to Join a meeting or start a New Meeting.
- At the bottom of your meeting, you will see many controls for the meeting, including the choice of muting or unmuting your voice, starting or stopping your video, and many other options.
- Click on Share Screen to share the screen.
- After selecting, a new window will open. Here you will be asked to share one of your screens.
- Choose a screen that you wish to share and click on it.
- After clicking on the screen you wish to share, you will see a Share option at the bottom left of that screen.
- Click on it.
Related Reading: How to Change Your Name on Zoom
How to Unshare Screen on Zoom for Desktop
Now that you know what to do to start screen sharing on Zoom, let’s take a look at closing the share window.
Here are the steps to follow to unshare your screen on Zoom for desktop:
- While sharing your screen on your computer, you will see meeting controls at the top of the shared screen.
- Here you will see the mute button, the video button, and other options.
- To unshare the screen, click on Stop Share.
How to Share a Screen on Zoom on Mobile
There are multiple ways you can share your screen on Zoom for iOS and Android. Let’s look at the steps you need to follow to screen share on Zoom before and during meetings on mobile apps.
Before the Meeting Starts
Here are the steps for how to share the whole screen on Zoom for Android before the meeting starts:
- On your phone, open Zoom.
- You must ensure you are on the Meet & Chat page.
- Here, you will see a few options for starting a New Meeting, Join a meeting, Schedule a meeting, and Share Screen. Click on the Share Screen option.
- You will be asked to enter your Meeting ID or Sharing key. After typing, click on the OK option.
Here’s how to share screen on Zoom on iPhone before a meeting starts:
- Open Zoom on your iPhone.
- When you are on the Meet & Chat page, click the Share Screen option.
- You will be asked for a Sharing Key or a Meeting ID. Enter one of the above options.
- You may also be asked to type in the password if it is a private meeting. If so, enter the password.
- Click on the OK option.
During a Meeting
Related Reading: How to Mirror Screen from iPhone to TV
Here’s how to share screen on Zoom on phone apps during a meeting.
- On your Android, open the Zoom app.
- Join a meeting or start a New Meeting.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see a green Share option in the meeting. Click on it.
- You will see a few options when you scroll down. Select Screen from the menu.
- When the pop-up appears, choose the Start Now option.
Here are the steps for how to share whole screen on Zoom on iOS during a meeting:
- On your iPhone, open Zoom.
- Join a meeting.
- At the bottom of the meeting, you will see a Share Content option. Click on it.
- You will see a few options there, select Screen.
- When the pop-up appears, choose the Start Broadcast option from the menu.
- After the countdown, you will be notified that your screen is now being shared with the members of that meeting.
Related Reading: How to Change Background on Google Meet
How to Unshare Screen on Zoom for Mobile
Here are the steps you need to follow on how to unshare screen on Zoom for mobile:
- While you share your screen on your mobile, you will see Zoom App is using microphone option at the top of your screen.
- Click on it, and you will be sent to your meeting’s main page.
- You will see the Stop Share option at the bottom of the page.
- Click on it.
Another way to unshare your screen on mobile is:
- While sharing the screen, open your Zoom app. You can do this by scrolling down the notification bar and clicking on the Zoom option. Click on it, and you will be sent to your Zoom meeting’s main page.
- Select the Stop Share option from the bottom of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Screen Share on Zoom?
Yes, simply click the Screen Share icon either before the meeting starts or during the meeting then follow the prompts from the menu that pops up.
How Do I Share Screen and See Participants in Zoom?
- Open the Zoom desktop client and sign in.
- Click on your profile picture and select the Settings option.
- Click on the Share Screen option.
- Choose the side-by-side mode by clicking on the check box.
When a participant in the meeting starts sharing the screen, you will automatically enter the side-by-side mode. Here, you will be able to share your screen and see the other participants at the same time.
When I Share My Screen on Zoom, Can They See Me?
When you share your screen, no one can see you. The only way anyone can see you is if you open your video camera and allow them to see you.
Can Zoom Share Screen and Camera at the Same Time?
It is possible to share your screen and video camera simultaneously. While sharing the screen, you will see the meeting controls at the top of your screen. From there, turn your camera on. A small window will open on the right side of the shared screen where you can see yourself. This way, you can share your screen and your camera at the same time.
Wrapping Up the Zoom Screen Sharing Guide
By reading the above guide, you should now know how to share screen on Zoom for iOS, Android, and desktop. But, Zoom is just the tip of the iceberg regarding collaborative productivity. Check out our other guides, and let us know in the comments if you have any questions.
If you’re looking for the ultimate tool for scalable meetings, webinars, and conferences, we highly recommend checking out ClickMeeting. Get started for free and see the results for yourself!
- How To Change Zoom Background
- How To Share Screen on Google Meet
- How To Drop a Pin on iPhone
- How To Record n Google Meet
Chris is a spreadsheet expert and content writer for Productivity Spot and Spreadsheet Point. He has a double Bachelor's Degree in Teaching and has been working in the education industry for over 11 years. His experience makes him adept at breaking down complex topics so that everyone is able to understand.