Learning how to drop a pin on iPhone is a piece of cake. In fact, it can be explained as simply long pressing the location you want to drop a pin on in Apple Maps. But if you need a more detailed guide, keep reading.
This Article Covers:
How To Drop a Pin on iPhone
Apple Maps comes as a free app, pre-installed on iPhones and iPads. Presumably, if you’re learning how to drop a pin on an iPhone, it’s for Apple maps, so this guide is dedicated to that. If you don’t have Apple Maps installed on your device, you can easily download it from the App Store.
Here are the steps you need to follow on how to drop a pin on your iPhone:
- On the iPhone, open Apple Maps.
- Here, you will be able to see the current location of the device. It will be shown by a blue colored pin and highlighted. But you can still drop a pin anywhere if you do not see your indicated location.
- In your Apple Maps, find the location where you wish to drop the location pin.
- You can zoom into the location by pinching in and out with your fingers. You can also swipe across the device’s screen.
- Once you have the location, press and hold on to the area. A red pin will show up on the screen. If this is accurate enough for you, you can stop here.
What To Do After Dropping a Pin in Apple Maps
A red pin icon will appear, indicating the pin has been placed. Click on the pin to reveal the information panel. This panel will let you know the address, coordinates, and how far the pin is from your current location. If you want to start navigating, click on the blue icon at the top left of the screen.
Related Reading: How To Print from an iPhone
Here you will find more options on the panel:
- After dropping a pin on your iPhone, you can press and hold the coordinates or the address to copy it to your iPhone.
- You can add anything missing from the location by clicking “Add to Maps.” This will be reported to Apple.
- After dropping a pin, if you want to add a location to your list of favorites, click “Add to favorites.”
- If you want to permanently erase the pin from your favorites, click the “Remove” option.
- In the Marked Location tab, you can click “Share” to share the dropped pin using iMessage or text message.
Moving or Editing a Pin Drop
Now that you know how to do a pin drop on iPhone, you may want to move it. Here’s how:
- After you’ve dropped a pin, you will see a few options show up at the bottom part of the screen. Click “Move Pin.”
- Now you will see a satellite image of the location you just selected. Here, you can reposition where you wish to drop the pin. You may also be very precise in selecting the location.
- Once you have the exact location, simply click on “Done.” You will go back to the main page of Maps.
How To Get Directions on the Dropped Pin
Now that we know how to drop a location pin and move it around, let’s look at how you can get directions to the location of the pin. Here’s how to pin a location on an iPhone and get directions:
- After you drop a pin in Apple Maps, you will see a few options at the bottom part of the screen.
- Click on “Directions” to get the directions to your chosen location.
- The Apple Map will tell you about all the possible routes to that location. Swipe across your device’s screen to see all the directions.
- After choosing a location, click on the green-colored “Go” option.
Adding a Pin to a Contact
If you want to add the dropped pin to your contact, it can either be a new contact or an existing one.
- Select the “Create New Contact” option or the “Add to Existing Contact” option.
- After doing so, Apple Maps will add the location to your chosen contact.
- You can use “Siri” to get quick directions to your friends and family.
Related Reading: How To Record a Phone Call on an iPhone
Adding a Pin to Favorites
You can also add a location to your favorites. Simply swipe up and click on the “Add to favorites” option. You can see your favorites list from the Apple Map’s home screen. To do this:
- On your home screen, you will see a list of your favorite locations.
- Click on any of them to see all the directions to that specific location and all the possible driving and walking routes.
How To Share Pins
Once you’ve dropped a pin, you can simply tap on it and select the address from the available options, then click “Share” to share a pin with a friend.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Drop a Pin on iPhone? / How Do You Drop a Pin on iPhone?
Simply long-press the location you want to drop a pin at in Apple Maps.
How Do You Drop a Pin on iPhone iMessage?
This is as simple as sharing a WiFi password. To drop a pin on your iPhone iMessage, open “Maps” on your device. Choose a place or location on the map. Click on the location and hold it. This will drop a pin in that location. At the bottom of the screen, click on the location’s name or address. Then click on “Share.”
If you do not see that option, click on the “Menu” or three vertical dots. Then choose the “Share” option. Choose “iMessage” from the options and click on it to share the link to the location.
You can also send via Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp to transfer from Android to iPhone or vice versa.
How Do I Drop a Pin on the Current Location on iPhone?
To drop a pin on your current location on an iPhone, you can simply click on the blue dot on your current location in “Maps.” Click on the blue arrow that is on the right side of the menu that appears and click on “Share a location.” To drop a pin, click on the bottom right corner and then choose “Drop Pin,” or simply click on it and hold.
Hopefully, this guide helped you learn how to drop a pin on iPhone in Apple Maps. If you have any follow-up questions, please let us know in the comments.
- My Phone Goes Straight to Voicemail on an iPhone [7 Easy Fixes]
- 17 Best Secret iPhone Codes (+ How to Use Them)
- How To Block Adult Websites on My Phone (iPhone and Android)