Google Calendar has become the go-to solution for many people simply because it can sync across all platforms, and you can schedule meetings with other people without needing to leave the application. However, the schedule will only sometimes fit all parties involved, which is where Google’s event rescheduling feature comes in.
This article will discuss how to propose a new time in Google Calendar. We’ll cover both the mobile and web versions of Google Calendar. Read on to master this powerful feature.
How to Propose a New Time in Google Calendar for Web
Google Calendar isn’t available as a native desktop application for computers, so you have to access Google Calendar on your preferred browser. This means you can access it on virtually any operating system as long as it has an internet connection and a browser application.
The following method to propose a new time in Google Calendar will work on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Use these steps to suggest a new time in Google Calendar:
- Go to Google Calendar on your browser.
- Click on the name of the scheduled event. In this case, the event is named Meeting. Clicking on it will open a small popup window.
- Next to the event responses, click on the Up arrow (^). This will show additional options for you to choose from.
- In the additional options, click on Propose a new meeting. This will open a new page allowing you to choose another time for the scheduled meeting.
- The new page shows your agenda on the right side while showing the current meeting date and time on the left side of the screen. Under the current time, you should see the Your proposal section. Choose your preferred time.
- Click on Send proposal.
When the event organizer opens the event in their Google Calendar, they will see the message you’ve sent and the suggested changes. They can click on Review Proposed Time to check the suggested changes.
If they decide to accept the changes, they must click the blue Save button at the top of the event details screen. The rescheduled event message will then be shared to the email address of all the event participants, who can confirm if they wish to join.
Related: Google Sheets Calendar Template Guide
How to Propose New Times in Google Calendar Mobile
The Google Calendar application is pretty much the same on all mobile devices. In this guide, we will show you how to propose a new meeting time in Google Calendar on Android and iOS.
Here are the steps you need to follow to propose a new time for the Google Calendar app on mobile:
- In the mobile version’s main calendar interface, scroll down until you find the meeting you wish to reschedule. In this case, it is the event named Meeting. Click on it to open the event schedule screen.
- Click on the Up arrow (^). This will show additional options for you to choose from.
- Click on Propose a new time. This will open a new screen for you to select the time from.
- You can choose a different time from your calendar on the new screen. You can also see your events so you can choose a time that suits you. Click on the time frame. These times are shown in 1-hour divisions.
- Once the time is selected, click on the Send button to confirm.
You can also get the Google Calendar app on iPhone or iPad. The above Google Calendar propose new time guide works the same in iOS and Android. The only difference you will notice is the slight UI differences.
The event organizer will receive a notification for the proposed new time. They can check the Google Calendar and decide whether to reschedule the meeting or not.
Proposing a New Google Calendar Meeting Time in Gmail
Usually, when you are invited to a meeting or calendar event in Google Calendar, you should also receive an event invitation email. You can see the details of the event in this email. You can also use Google Calendar to propose a new time. Here’s how to suggest a time on Google Calendar through Gmail:
- Go to Gmail inbox and click the invitation email
- Click more options.
- Choose “Propose a new time”
- A new window will open, taking you to the Google Calendar meeting.
- Change the time by editing it directly or using the calendar grid.
- When you’re done, click Send proposal.
The event organizer will receive an email notification of the proposal with the option to Accept or not. If they do accept, you will get a notification of the change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Suggest New Time in Google Calendar?
When a meeting is scheduled by the event organizer, they have the option to add the participants. Most of the time, some participants may not have free time in their schedule. The participants can then propose a different time for the meeting. Here’s how to suggest a new time in Google Calendar: Wrapping Up the Google Calendar Suggest
- Clicking on the event name and then clicking on the Propose a new meeting time.
- Enter your desired meeting time.
- Click on Send. The meeting organizer will be notified, and they can then choose whether they want to accept it or not.
How Do I Propose a New Time in Google Calendar After Accepting Invites?
Here’s how to propose a new time on Google Calendar after accepting invites:
- Go to your Google Calendar and sign in.
- Click your desired event.
- At the bottom right part of the window, click on Propose a new time.
- In the new window, enter your desired time, and you can also type a message there if you want.
- Once finished, click on Send proposal.
Why Can’t I Propose New Time Google Calendar?
If you can’t see the setting to propose a new time or any other way in Google Calendar to suggest a new time, then you might be one of the organizers, which means you can change the meeting’s start time. If you aren’t the meeting organizer, you might be viewing an event in a shared calendar that you don’t have permission to edit.
Improve Your GSuite Knowledge with an All Inclusive Guide
Want to be a GSuite wiz? Check out this book to learn everything there is to know about optimizing your Google Apps.
Check Price on Amazon
Sometimes, life gets in the way, and we cannot attend the scheduled meetings. Knowing how to suggest new time for Google Calendar can be handy. We hope this article helped you better understand how to propose a new time in Google Calendar and improved your overall workflow. You can also learn about how to add days to dates in Google sheets.
If you’re looking for the ultimate tool for scalable meetings, webinars, and conferences, we highly recommend checking out ClickMeeting. Get started for free and see the results for yourself!
- How to Recall an Email in Gmail
- How to Share Your Screen on Google Meet
- Top 25 Gmail Tips and Tricks – Make the Most of Your Mail
- How to Attach an Email to an Email
- How to Sign Out of Mail on iPhones, iPads, and other iOS Devices
- How to Send Emails from Google Sheets
- Workplace Email Communication Tips
Chris is a spreadsheet expert and content writer for Productivity Spot and Spreadsheet Point. He has a double Bachelor's Degree in Teaching and has been working in the education industry for over 11 years. His experience makes him adept at breaking down complex topics so that everyone is able to understand.