If you are just starting with your business page or you get no likes on your Facebook posts, you might get frustrated because the higher the engagement, the more people will react to your post. Fortunately, Facebook allows you to remove likes from the public and shift their focus from engagement to the real value of your posts.
So how to hide likes on Facebook? There are several easy ways to tweak your privacy settings to hide likes on Facebook on mobile apps and desktop browsers.
In this article, you will also learn what happens when you hide a comment on Facebook, how to hide likes on Facebook pages you’ve liked, how to unhide pages you’ve liked, and more!
Why You Might Want to Hide Likes on Facebook
Many people wonder what happens when you hide a comment or likes on Facebook or why anyone would want this option in the first place. There are several reasons why this feature is so valuable on Facebook, and we are going to explain them:
Posts with fewer likes tend to rank poorly
People on social media use the number of likes to check the popularity of the linked content. That said, if your post has only a few likes, they are more likely to think that your content has no value. On the other hand, posts that have a lot of likes seem more appealing and people are more likely to click on them.
By hiding likes on Facebook, you are allowing the readers to look at the content objectively without allowing the number of likes to affect their judgment.
You are not making content for likes
The number of likes can affect your judgment as well. As a content creator on social media, you may think that the number of likes says everything about the quality of your content.
Ultimately, you may give up on creating content if you post a few social media posts that have no or only a few likes. Or you may end up focusing on creating content your audience wants you to create, instead of yourself.
Create a positive environment for your content
Facebook’s feature that allows you to hide likes was designed to help users focus more on the content they share instead of the likes. This option helps social media users create a more positive environment in which they can post the type of content they always wanted without worrying about the popularity of their posts.
Companies that are just starting on Facebook
Companies and brands that have just launched their business pages can especially benefit from hiding likes on Facebook. Without the likes, your audience is encouraged to judge your content more objectively, which can help you grow your presence on the social media platform.
How to Hide Like Counts on Facebook (a Step-by-Step Guide)
If you have ever wondered how to remove a like on Facebook, this guide is for you. We will walk you through simple steps to how to make Facebook likes private using iOS and Android apps, a desktop browser, and an extension.
Step 1: Open the Facebook app and click on the profile icon at the top right. Then choose “Settings and privacy”
Step 2: Choose “Settings”
Step 3: Select “Privacy”
Step 4: Tap on “Reaction preferences”
Step 5: Toggle on “On your posts”
How to Hide Likes on Facebook on iOS and Android Mobile App
If you have ever wondered how to hide likes on Facebook using a mobile app, you need to make sure that the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone is updated before you start following these steps:
- Open the Facebook app and go to the three-lined Menu in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and expand the “Settings and privacy” menu
- Then tap on “Settings” and then on “Profile settings” on the top left
- Go to the “Feed Settings” and click on “Reaction preferences”
- Now toggle on “On your posts”
How to Hide Likes on Facebook Using an Extension
If you don’t have the settings page for hiding likes on Facebook, you can install an extension on your computer’s brows that will allow you to hide like counts.
- Install the Hide Likes extension if you use Chrome or Microsoft Edge. If you use Firefox, install this extension. With these add-ons, you can hide likes on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- All you have to do is to open the Facebook website and likes will disappear from all posts. However, others will still be able to see likes on your posts.
Related: How to Delete a Facebook Group Step-by-Step
How to Hide Likes on Facebook on Pages You’ve Already Liked
When everyone sees the pages you’ve liked on Facebook, malicious users can use this information to their advantage. For example, they may target you with scam messaging or even use the info to imitate your brand.
To prevent being overexposed on Facebook, you should hide the pages you’ve liked. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your profile and click on the “More” button in the toolbar under your cover photo
- Choose the “Likes” option in the drop-down menu
- Tap on the ellipses button on the top right and then tap on the “Hide Section” button to hide all the Pages you’ve liked
How to Unhide the Pages You’ve Liked on Facebook
If you ever change your mind and decide to unhide the pages you’ve liked on Facebook, here is how to do it:
- Tap on the “More” option in the top right and then choose “Manage Sections”
- Put a checkmark on “Likes” and then click “Save”. Your liked pages section is now visible to others.
The Bottom Line
So there you have it. If you ever wanted to know how to hide likes on Facebook, you now know all the steps you need to take.
Internet privacy is important, especially since everything we do online can leak to the public. Also, hiding likes can create a more positive environment for us to create social media content without worrying about the number of likes.
Want to learn how to become a master at Facebook and other social media platforms?
Skillshare has a ton of interesting online courses to check out.
- How to Create a Poll on Facebook: Step-by-Step
- How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
- How to Tag Someone on Facebook
- How to Turn off Private Browsing in All Popular Browsers
- What’s the Best Landing Page Builder? Our Top 10 Picks
- Top 5 Best MacBook Air Alternatives
- Top 10 Remote Work Communication Tools to Streamline Efficiency
- Can You See Who Views Your TikToks? Yes, Here’s How
- How To Cancel Linkedin Premium [Fast and Easy]
- Best Adblock for Android: 7 Free and Paid Options
Tamara is the social media manager and a writer for Productivity Spot. Her main areas of expertise include writing in-depth how-to articles, developing email campaigns, and social media management in the tech industry. She is also the social media manager for Spreadsheet Point, Hackr.io, and VentureKite, among others.