If you haven’t used Notion Dark Mode yet and aren’t sure how to find it, don’t worry: It’s easy to enable.
In this guide, we walk you through using Notion Dark Mode on Mac, iOS, Web, and Android.
Does Notion Have a Dark Mode?
As a productivity app, Notion ensures that everyone can customize their workspace on the platform for better performance. Notion’s dark theme is an excellent way to reduce eye fatigue, especially if you’re spending hours in front of a screen. This is also a great option for people who prefer the dark look of apps or require a better contrast on their screen.
Related: Check out the best Chrome extensions for productivity.
How to Change Notion to Dark Mode on Desktop
- Open your Notion account on your desktop.
- Go to “Settings & Members” on the left.
- Go to “My notifications & settings.”
- Under “Appearance,” tap on the drop-down menu to select either the “Light” or “Dark” display mode.
Is There a Notion Dark Mode Shortcut?
While on a desktop, you can also use the Notion Dark Mode shortcut to turn on the dark mode: Ctrl (on Windows)/Cmd (on Mac) + Shift + L
Related: Check out our guide to Notion shortcuts.
How to Use Notion Dark Mode on Mobile
You can enable Notion Dark Mode on both iOS (except for iOS 13 and later updates) and Android.
If you have iOS 13 or later versions, you’ll need to turn on Dark Mode on your mobile device first. To keep Notion Dark Mode on, you need to keep your mobile device on Dark Mode all the time.
Enable Notion Dark Mode on iOS
- Open your Notion App.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Choose “Settings” > “Appearance.”
- In the drop-down, select the “Use system setting” menu, and choose between the “Light” and “Dark” mode options.
- Tap on “Dark” to enable Notion Dark Mode. Confirm this choice by tapping “Done.”
Related: How to Make Mac Dark Mode
Enable Notion Dark Mode on Android
- Open your Notion app.
- Tap on the three-line button in the top-right corner.
- Navigate from “Notifications” > “Settings” > “Appearance.”
- Choose “Dark” and tap on “Done” to confirm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There a Dark Mode in Notion?
Yes, Notion’s Dark Mode is available for its users on both desktop and all mobile devices (iOS and Android).
What Are the Notion Dark Mode Color Codes?
Notion’s Dark Mode color codes are the following:
- Main screen: #2F3438
- Sidebar: #373C3F
- Hover items in Dark Mode: #3F4448
The Bottom Line
Notion was designed for incredible flexibility and productivity. Whether you’re spending a lot of time in front of the monitors or simply prefer darker colors, Notion Dark Mode can be customized for use on all of your devices.
You can also upgrade your knowledge in Notion using some of Udemy’s most popular Notion courses!
- Download a Free Notion Budget Template (3 Options + Guide)
- How to Create a Notion Calendar [Complete Guide]
- How to Make Columns in Notion: 3 Simple Methods
Tamara is the social media manager and a writer for Productivity Spot. Her main areas of expertise include writing in-depth how-to articles, developing email campaigns, and social media management in the tech industry. She is also the social media manager for Spreadsheet Point, Hackr.io, and VentureKite, among others.