Have you come across your older iPhone, only to find out that you can’t remember the passcode or bypass Face ID? Maybe you’ve bought a secondhand device and can’t seem to gain access.
Whatever the reason, not having access to either renders your iPhone useless. Luckily, our guide shows you how to unlock your iPhone without a passcode or face ID.
This Article Covers:
How to Unlock iPhone without Passcode or Face ID
Consecutive incorrect password attempts will lock you out of your device. And for newer models like iPhone X and above, the Face ID option isn’t exactly perfect, with certain glitches and conditions to work properly (such as good lighting and proper orientation).
If you’re unable to accomplish either security measure — like a forgotten code or broken selfie cam — there are a few ways to bypass Face ID and passcodes.
Method 1: Use a Face ID Unlocker Tool
There are quite a few passcode unlocking tools on the market, though not all of them are effective (or even safe) to use.
MobiUnlock was developed by software company EaseUS, the minds behind the popular EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. When you purchase a subscription, you’ll be able to bypass face ID and passcode on iPhone models 4S through 13 Pro:
- Download the EaseUS MobiUnlock installation file and install it on your computer.
- Launch the program and select the “Unlock Screen Passcode” option on the left side of the window.
- Click the “Start” button on the succeeding screen.
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer. The program will auto-detect your phone model and version, then ask you to download the current software version to your device. Once you click “Next,” EaseUS MobiUnlocker will start downloading and verify the firmware involved.
- Once the firmware is downloaded and verified, click the “Unlock Now” button to unlock your iPhone without a passcode or Face ID. Unfortunately, this step is as far as the trial version goes. You’ll need to purchase a subscription to finalize the unlocking process and get into your phone.
Method 2: Use iTunes to Bypass Facе ID and Passcode
Apple users should already be familiar with iTunes. This media player and device management software automatically syncs data between Apple devices and computers. Users may not know it, but iTunes has the ability to bypass Face ID and passcodes.
Note: Doing this will return your device to factory settings. That means you’ll lose any data stored on your iPhone that hasn’t been backed up to iCloud.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. Run the iTunes application.
- Put your device into recovery mode.
- Tap and release the “Volume Up” button
- Tap and release the “Volume Down” button
- Hold down the side button until the recovery mode appears.
- A pop-up should appear on iTunes, stating that there’s a problem with the iPhone and it needs to either be updated or restored. Click the “Restore” button followed by “Done,” and your device should return to its factory settings. This will also remove any passcodes or Face ID previously set on your device.
Method 3: Use iCloud to Unlock iPhones
iCloud is one of the simpler ways to unlock an iPhone without passcodes or Face ID. Like the previous technique on this list, this will also erase all the files from your device. This method comes with a few caveats:
- You need to have the logins for the iCloud account.
- The Find My iPhone feature should be enabled on the device.
- The device should be connected to the internet.
If you meet all the aforementioned prerequisites, you can unlock your iPhone without passcodes or face ID by:
- Heading to the iCloud website on another device or computer. Sign in using the credentials for the iPhone you’re trying to unlock.
- Next, turn your attention to the apps section at the bottom-right corner of the page and click the “Find My” option.
- Click the “All Devices” drop-down at the top of the page. Select the iPhone you want to unlock.
- Click the “Erase iPhone” option on the left side of the page. This will reset factory settings, allowing you to reset your phone without the passcode or Face ID.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Unlock an iPhone without a Passcode or Face ID?
Yes, unlocking an iPhone without knowing the passcode or passing the Face ID security feature is possible. The most effective methods to go about it are the following:
- Using a third-party iPhone unlocking software
- Using the iTunes program
- Using your iCloud account
Can You Unlock Face ID with a Picture?
According to Apple, the Face ID security measure cannot be bypassed using a picture because the feature “matches against depth information, which isn’t found in print or 2D digital photographs.”
And that’s how to unlock your iPhone without a passcode or face ID! Being locked out of your iPhone can be incredibly frustrating. The good news is: The remedy can be fairly painless as long as you know how to use the right methods. Just follow the techniques we provided, and you should return to using your iPhone in no time.
With thousands of expert courses, it’s no mystery that Skillshare is one of the leading tutorial websites. Whatever you’d like to learn more about, there’s a course for everyone!