This guide will take you step-by-step through exactly how to save a webpage as a PDF file. But, you could summarize this entire guide into a simple file path of Options > Print > Print as PDF in your favorite web browser. So if you can make sense of that, you can start saving webpages as PDFs straight away. If you need a little more guidance, no worries. Just read on to learn more.
How to Save Webpage as PDF on Desktop
Most desktop browsers have essentially the same process to turn a webpage into a PDF, as many of the popular browsers are based on Chromium (including the newer versions of Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Brave). This means that the steps on how to turn a webpage into a PDF should be the same on all chromium browsers. Even those that aren’t, like FireFox, have very similar steps, as you’ll see in this article.
How to Make a Web Page Into a PDF on Chromium
Here is how to make a web page a PDF on Chrome and Microsoft Edge:
- Open the webpage you wish to print and click on the three dots towards the top right of the window.
- Click on the Print option in the drop-down menu.
- A new window will open in the middle of the screen containing the preview of the page you wish to print. Here, select the Print to PDF option in the Printer option to convert web page to PDF.
- Feel free to change the other parameters like the Layout, Pages, and the number of Copies you wish to print.
- Now, click on the Print button. This will open the file manager in a newer window.
- Here, go to the location where you wish to save webpage as PDF.
- Click on the Save button to convert the webpage to PDF and save it.
Alternatively, you can also use the Ctrl+ P (Cmd + P on macOS) shortcut to open the print menu in Chrome and Edge.
Related: Convert PDF to Google Sheets
How to Convert Webpage to PDF on Safari
Here is how to make a webpage a PDF on Safari browser:
- With Safari in focus, click on File in the top menu bar to open the drop-down menu.
- Here, click on Export As PDF.
- A window will open in the middle of the browser. Here, enter the name of the file.
- Now, select a destination for the file.
- Click on the Save button.
There is another way to turn a webpage into PDFs on Safari. To do so:
- With Safari in focus, click on File in the top menu bar to open the drop-down menu and select the Print option. You can also use the Command+ P shortcut to do so.
- A pop-up window will open. Click the downwards arrow towards the bottom left of the window and select the Save As PDF option.
- Here, you can enter the details for the PDF file, including Name, Title, Author, and Subject. You can also set its security options here.
- After adding these parameters, select a save location and click Save.
How to Turn a Website Into PDF on Firefox
Previous versions of Firefox didn’t have the option to turn a website to PDF. However, the recent versions added the functionality, which works similarly to how it’s done on other browsers.
Here is how to save a web page as PDF on Firefox:
- Click on the three lines icon towards the top right of the window. This will open a drop-down menu.
- Here, select the Print option. You can also use the Ctrl+ P shortcut on the webpage to open the print menu.
- This will open another print window in the middle of the screen. Here, under the Destination section, select the Microsoft Print to PDF option.
- Now, after setting the other parameters, click on the Print button.
- This will prompt you to select a destination for the PDF file and click on Save to save the PDF.
Related: Top 23 Best Mac Apps to Install for Productivity, Entertainment, & More 
How to Save Webpage as PDF on Mobile
Like desktop browsers, most mobile browsers have the same method for saving a webpage to PDF.
How to Turn Webpage Into PDF on Safari iOS
On Safari on your iPhone or iPad, you have two ways of creating a PDF. The first option uses the screenshot tool. Here are the steps on how you can do this:
- Open the webpage in Safari and take a screenshot.
- On the next screen, choose the Full Page option. Perform any markups that you want to include.
- Click on the Done option after you are finished.
- Click on the PDF to Files option from the pop-up window.
- Select the folder where you want to save the PDF file on the device.
- Click on the Save option.
The second method uses the share tool. Here are the steps on how you can do this:
- In Safari, open the webpage.
- Click on the Share option.
- On an iPad, you will see a drop-down menu. On an iPhone, you will see a pop-up window.
- Choose the Share Sheet option.
- Click on the Options option that is under the title of the webpage.
- Click on the PDF option.
- Choose Back from iPad or the Done option from an iPhone.
- In the Share Sheet menu, you will see the Save to Files option: click on it.
- Choose a location where you wish to save the PDF.
- Click on the Save option.
How to Download a Page as a PDF on Chrome
Here is how to export a webpage to PDF on Chrome for mobile:
- Open the webpage you wish to save as PDF on Chrome.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon towards the top right. This will open a drop-down menu.
- Here click on the Share option. This will open your phone’s native share menu.
- Here, find the Print option and click on it.
- In the new window that opens, click on the arrow towards the top right part of the screen and click on the Save as PDF option.
- Now, click on the blue circle PDF button to open your phone’s file manager.
- Go where you wish to save the PDF and click on the Save button.
Editing the Printed PDFs
The only problem with saving webpages as PDFs is that they become incredibly difficult to make edits to. We’d recommend using Adobe Acrobat the most powerful and oldest PDF tool on the market if you need to make any changes to the PDF.
Check Price on Amazon
Wrapping Up How to Save a Webpage as a PDF
That’s everything you need to know about how to save a webpage as a PDF. To keep it quick in your memory for the future, you simply have to remember that to save as a PDF, you simply need to “print” the page digitally.
- How to Print Labels From Google Sheets
- How to Screenshot on Windows
- How to Screenshot on macOS
- How to Hide Gridlines in Google Sheets
- How to Record a Phone Call on iPhone: 4 Methods with Step-by-Step Guides
- What’s the Best Landing Page Builder? Our Top 10 Picks
- How to Screenshot on Mac: 6 Quick + Easy Ways
- 8 Best MacBook Pro Alternatives To Consider
Chris is a spreadsheet expert and content writer for Productivity Spot and Spreadsheet Point. He has a double Bachelor's Degree in Teaching and has been working in the education industry for over 11 years. His experience makes him adept at breaking down complex topics so that everyone is able to understand.