I am a fan of creating to-do lists and trackers. And Google Sheets is my weapon of choice.
Since I have created a lot of these lists and trackers, I decided to merge all my trackers into one single Google Sheets document and then use this master tracker instead.
And to do this, I had to copy sheets from multiple Google Sheets into one single Google Sheets document.
While it’s not complicated, it took me a few minutes to figure it out.
So I thought I will share how to copy a Google Sheet into another spreadsheet.
How to Copy a Google Sheet Into Another Spreadsheet
Below are the steps of how to copy a sheet in Google Sheets:
- Open the Google Sheets document from which you want to copy the sheet. So these would be different trackers (lists) that I want to combine.
- Right-click on the sheet that you want to move to another master tracker Google Sheets document.
- Click on ‘Copy to..’ option.
- In the dialog box that opens, you need to select the Google Sheets in which you want the sheet to be copied. This Google Sheets document could be in your own Google Drive or the one that is shared with you (with edit rights).
- Once the Google Sheets in which you want to copy the sheets is selected, click on Select.
You will see a prompt that will tell you that the sheet has been copied. You can also open the target Google Sheets document, which now has the copied sheet.
Note that when the sheet is copied, it still remains in the source worksheet. A copy of the sheet is created in the target document.
In case you have the link to the Google Sheets in which you now know how to copy a Google Sheet to a sheet, you can simply enter the link at the bottom of the dialog box (step 4 above), and then click Select.
How to Duplicate a Google Sheet
You can also duplicate a Google Spreadsheet. All you have to do is right-click on the sheet you want to duplicate, then select Duplicate from the menu. The new Google Sheets duplicate will automatically show in the tray as “Copy of Sheet X” If you don’t need to copy your data into a completely new file, this is actually the easiest method of how to make a copy of a Google Sheet.
Copy a Google Sheet to Another Sheet
Whichever method you use, this process is fairly straightforward. Google Sheets Duplicate works well to copy an entire sheet with one click. while Copy to is great to assign where you need the copy.
Now that you know how to copy a sheet in Gooogle Sheet, check out some of our other articles to learn more about this fantastic program